My name is Kseniya Malakhova. I have been writing the books during 15 years. At first I wrote for myself, then began reading my works to my friends and they insisted and encourged me to try publishing. My friends say I write in an unordinary manner. I write books in different styles. Now I am working on a fairytale for kids. My first book that I published is "Call It Yourself". I wrote this book being inspired by a man who breathed inside of me the new life and new ideas, and mainly, he gave me his love. Hope you will enjoy it!
Bio is from her amazon.com site
It was my pleasure to interview Kseniya who has written a very interesting book! She is an artist who loves to write. Sit back, relax and enjoy the interview with Kseniya!
1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?
I think it will be better if my readers answer this question. But if to judge by the reviews a reader is „hooked” by mixing of reality and mysticism in the plot. However, at first sight the plots of my works are seemed to be fantastic, in fact they are reflection of our today`s life.
2. Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters? Or do you free write and work it out as you go?
I never make notes and I don`t make the plans for my future book, so the heroes can appear in my books spontaneously, in the process of work, from this point of view I am an unorganized writer. I spend much time to find the necessary information as to the subject which is reflected in the plot. For example, if I write about some planet, I try to find maximum information about it in order the plot will be trustworthy, so that the scientists and experts couldn`t blame me for being incompetent.
3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?
I write when I have a strong desire, let`s call it inspiration. It is a necessity to write down the moments I see, feel and what I think about. In the case if I cannot write down the thoughts on the paper for some reasons, I feel myself very badly.
4. Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?
My favorite writers are Gogol, Bulgakov, Dostoevsky, Shakespeare, Omar Khayyám, Feihtvanger, Fitzgerald, this list can be continued but my teachers are Arkadiy and Boris Strugatzky. Their philosophy is close to me and I like their manner of writing very much.
5. It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?
Yes, I don`t like to type a ready text because I write my stories using a pencil and paper. That`s why I always have a notebook and some pencils in my bag. So I spend much time to type the texts.
6. Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?
I always have time to read the books. Also I read many scientific – popular periodicals. At present I read the collection of the short stories written by the contemporary little – known authors. I am interested in the works of other writers.
7. What made you choose to write in this style? Is there personal life experience in the writing?
I try to write in different styles. For example, my new book is about to be published. It will be an amazing fairytale for the kids and their parents. Of course, I have an experience, because I started writing when I was a teenager.
8. Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?
There is no doubt it is kept ahead and becomes more and more popular. And it makes me very happy.
9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?
At present my web-site is under construction and it will be accessed in the nearest future. Now I have a blog and I welcome everyone who is interested in to join it! http://kseniyamalakhova.blogspot.com/
10. Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?
I have many stories for my next works, just 24 hours are not enough for me to write them faster J but the new books will be definitely published very soon.
11. Who would be your first choice to play Miracle from your book "Call it Yourself"?
Frankly saying, I have never ever thought about it, but if there is such a question and if I must choose among popular actors, so maybe I would choose Gérard Depardieu to play Miracle from my book “Call It Yourself”. I think he could make and express the real image of Miracle.
12. If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?
If I could meet anyone from any time it would be Gérard Depardieu and my first question would be – would you like to play Miracle from my book J