Sunday, July 28, 2013

G Mitchell Baker's Most Emberrassing moment, or is it?


What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?

I often wonder about this … I sit here, asking the question repeatedly and ponder the fact the experience of embarrassment is something I really do not recall much, if any. I ask myself, ‘Is there the type of person who does not experience embarrassment?  Am I that kind of person?’

‘Embarrassment’ can be defined as ‘to cause confusion and shame to; make uncomfortable self-conscious; disconcerted…’

Generally, I do not think I readily accept ‘embarrassment’ and have some kind of way of thinking that changes over to direct the circumstances that renders the situation other than confused or shameful … I try to keep things comfortable without being overly self-conscious…  I somewhat think of ‘embarrassment’ as a backward scenario, while I like to be forward looking … I consider ‘Okay what is the better was to view this?’  I like to turn potential negatives into a pluses by not dwelling on ‘embarrassment’ and getting after what is productive, good about the situation…

Having said as much, I have noticed, when I approach things this way, how many people try to embarrass others.  I think it’s a control tactic for many and when they cannot achieve as much with me, they back off, or back away … Sometimes I think my martial arts training and certain eastern philosophy taught within that context has something to do with my approach…   There is a lot to think about, but I’m going to leave things as they are for now.
 

G. Mitchell Baker enjoys living out west, from the southwest United States to western Canada. Having practiced law for more than twenty years, Baker enjoys researching and writing projects that draw him into the many genres, to include contemporary fiction, science fiction, and paranormal works of fiction. Also a writer of feature length screenplays, G. Mitchell Baker enjoys adapting his novels to screenplay and, adapting his screenplays to novels.


Baker has been fortunate to compete at the highest levels in sports to include baseball and karate.  This spirit leads to his also striving to compete at the highest levels to entertain his readership. Moreover, it is in this spirit Baker invites you to visit and re-visit his ‘Anything But a Tired Barn', and, to become familiar with his current and ongoing projects.  Please take the time to learn more about G. Mitchell Baker, his projects, and any reasonable offer for original and interesting conversation … as much will not be refused.  

 

WEBSITE

G. MITCHELL BAKER, AUTHOR
http://gmitchellbakerauthor.com

 

LINKEDIN
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/g-mitchell-baker/44/357/bb1

 

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/G_MitchellBaker

 

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/pages/G-Mitchell-Baker-Author/244572638951700

 

MASTER KODA SELECT PUBLISHING

 
Amazon link here


 

 


 
"THE INVOLVEMENT OF EMERSON"
 
 
(Contemporary Fiction) (Brent House Books 2013)
Amazon Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Involvement-of-Emerson-ebook/dp/B00C0CQDKM/ref=pd_sim_b_5




 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Great answer Mitch...unfortunately...I've had...many...glad Wendy didn't ask me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but Jane, he didn't answer! lol he just skated around the answer and did a very nice job at doing it too! I really enjoyed this one~

      Delete
  2. How embarrassing ... ;-) What did he say...? Eeeesh. That guy must be a lawyer or something ... ;-) Thanks Wendy! I think this answer will be famous for something ... someday ... Just not sure what exactly ... *rolling eyes* :-D Cheers, Mitch :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to help out Mitchell! I really enjoyed it~

      Delete

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!