Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our interview with Author Melody Anne!





                                                             Submit by Melody Anne


                                                                        Bio
Melody Anne is the author of the popular series, Billionaire Bachelors, and Baby for the Billionaire. She also has a Young Adult Series out; Midnight Fire and Midnight Moon - Rise of the Dark Angel. She's been writing for years and published in 2011. She hold a bachelors degree in business, so she loves to write about strong, powerful, businessmen.
When Melody isn't writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and pets. She lives in a small town that she loves, and is involved in many community projects.
See Melody's Website at: www.melodyanne.com. She makes it a point to respond to all her fans. You can also join her on facebook at: www.facebook.com/authormelodyanne, or at twitter: @authmelodyanne.
She looks forward to hearing from you and hopes you enjoy her stories.


1.    How has your life changed since you started publishing ? 

"Wow, my life has changed in a lot of ways and yet stayed the same in a lot of ways. I can do more vacations with my family, but I also work 7 days a week. I can now just take my work with me. My family is so great, and it's all about them, and spending time together. I always wanted to work from home so I wouldn't miss out on their activities. Now, I'm able to do that and still pay the bills. :)

 
2.    How do you come up with so many story ideas?

Romance is the easiest thing in the world to write about. It's all around us. I constantly talk to people, and ask questions and learn about their love stories and then twist it in my mind. Several times, I will be talking to people and then have to rush to grab a pen and paper and write it down before I lose the idea. I also read a lot, and get inspired that way, or watch sappy romance movies. There is romance everywhere we look. We just have to find it and utilize it.

3.    How much time and research was spent in the writing of each book?

Some books take longer than others to research. I'm writing a book now that involves a boat rescue. I had to order several books on the coast guard rescues so that I have accurate language and don't mess that up. I want to keep it as real as possible while still being original. Another thing I do is go to the websites of the places I am writing about and send for their chamber of commerce catalogs listing the activities in the areas. I haven't done a lot of traveling to all these places, so again, I want to be accurate, so I research the cities and sometimes, I'll ask fans what they love about their areas and use that information.

 
4.    Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?

I don't have one favorite. I love Nora Roberts. I can't imagine a romance author out there who doesn't. :) I also love Stephen King and Dean Koontz, and JK Rowlings. Some of my favorites are people I have met the last couple years such as Randy Mixter, Ruth Cardello, Kathleen Brooks, Sandra Marton (who I have loved for years) Lynn Raye Harris, Terri Marie. The list goes on and on. I could write a book on the authors who I love.

 
5.    It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?

Honestly, no. I used to hate editing, but Kathleen Brooks said something that has stuck with me. She said editing was her favorite part, because it meant she was no longer staring at a blank page waiting for inspiration, but a page full of words. That really changed my attitude on it. I love my job. I love that I can take it with me no matter where I go, and that I can see the world if I want to. This is about as great as it gets.

 
6.    Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?

Yes, yes, yes. I love to read. At the moment the book on my kindle is Ruth's newest release, rise of the billionaire. I have been in editing right now, so haven't got to read the last couple weeks. I'll be soaking up about 10 books while on vacation.

 
7.    Have you seen any changes in the publishing industry since you started?

Definitely. When I first published, self-publishing was really looked down upon. It still is by some, but that is fading with rising stars such as Bella Andre out there. I've had an offer to publish traditionally, but I don't want my book prices raised so high my fans don't want to buy them. I like the small house, Gossamer, that I'm with. Jack is amazing. I may go with a series with a traditional NY house, but at the moment, I'm happy where I'm at.

 
8.    Many books are going the indie publishing route; Do you see the publishing industry headed this way? Or do you think the tried and true will win out?

I think NY will need to make some big changes if they want to stay around. I have several author friends who have switched from traditional to indie. If you have a good team with you, especially a good editor, then there isn't much a NY house can do that you can't do on your own. I think there are benefits to both ways of publishing.

 
9.    Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?

No. I offer 3 free books right now, and a couple discounted books, so I don't post my writing anywhere else. I like the security of picking up the books through amazon, iBooks, or the other places. I have an amazing manager at amazon, too, who I love. My books are now being made into audiobooks, thanks to him.

 
10.Do you have any more stories in the works? Have you ever thought of writing in any other genre?

I have my stories planned out for at least a year, and I can't seem to write fast enough. I wish there were more hours in the day. :) The Andersons have a new line coming out, starting this June 30th. It's available for pre-order now. I have 2 more books for the Surrender series, and then I have to complete the Tycoon series. As for another genre, yes. I have my YA series out now with the final book in that series coming in December. I am also working on a horror book, but don't have a release date on it right now.

11.Who would be your first choice to play Arianna of your book Submit (Surrender Series Book Two) if it were ever to become a movie?

I honestly don't know. I watch very little tv anymore. I get in maybe a half hour a day on my ipad. I just download show on it, but I would rather write than watch tv. I do love a good movie, but even those have been slow lately. I think Alice from twilight may be good for her. I don't even know the actresses real name, but I love her.

 
12.If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?

That's a tough question because having this opportunity is priceless. Instead of really meeting someone for a moment, I would love to have 2 hours to sit down with Nora Roberts and ask her some of these questions you've asked me. I would love to know how she keeps her stories fresh after having 200 books published. This woman is amazing. I do get to sit down with Sandra Marton in July who has over 80 book out, and believe me, I will pick her brain. She is an amazing woman. I love learning the different creative processes of these powerful, strong women who have taken the world by storm. They are my heroes.

You can find out more information on Melody Anne’s books on her blog site here


 

also you can follow her on her Facebook page here too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!