Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Prioitizing life


Well, today I think I have been doing a lot of soul searching and thinking. I have been pushing so hard trying to get our book out there and noticed that my family is getting neglected. Our writing stories are getting neglected. I just wanted too much to have Charlie's book be the success I know it can be.

 

My daughter is going to see her uncle for the last time. He is dying. And I can't be there with her. My husband on his last visit to the Dr. for his diabetes checkup had the EKG put on him due to an "irregular heart beat." Still don't have the results on that. My middle son is going through a pretty rough patch right now and there is only one me. I am working to help pay bills and keep caught up. I am trying to get caught up on things at home that have been neglected. Hence why I take flex when offered. I'm trying to do too much I think. It’s up to me to promote, to get reviews and blah blah blah. I think I am going to have to take a step back and just figure out what is important. My family is the most important to me. Bar none.

 

I found out this weekend that a friend on Facebook is possibly going to be homeless in a couple of months. Another young lady said pretty much the same. I want to help them but don't have the means or the knowledge of how to do that. It’s frustrating to feel so helpless. So many people with the same dreams of becoming "writers" and what ever that entails to each person. Many will think we are chasing a pipe dream by trying to become authors. We are frittering our lives away. The thought has crossed my mind.

 

I just want to help but there is only so much time in the day and only one me. I'm supposed to sit back and enjoy the fact that the book is finally "out there" again. I also get told not to sit back on our laurels thinking that things will take care of themselves. That readers will magically find our books.

 

I think I will just have to pull back, regroup, and figure out what is important and what isn't. Trim back what I am wasting time on and just do what we need to do. I think we just need to focus on the books we are writing and editing and let the promoting thing handle itself. Put effort where it will be most productive. I just don't have the time to schmooze online any more. I don't have the time to socialize and help everyone else sell their books. I will still promote where I can, but just not in the large quantities I have before. Am I dumping Facebook? No, not completely, just having to pull back and regroup. Family comes first, So if you don't see me on as much or hear from me or see me much anymore that will be why. Not giving up, just prioritizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!